Welcome! This is an international community of educators and helping professionals committed to mindfulness and compassion.
Start with these posts if you're skeptical about the mindfulness 'trend' or if you're trying to convince other people (parents, sponsors, administrators) of the benefits of mindfulness.
- 7 Reasons Mindfulness Might Not 'Work' for Everyone
- Mindfulness in Schools: Research-Based Support for Teacher Training
- 5 Common Misunderstandings about Christians and Mindfulness
Start with these posts if you’re a teacher or other helping professional looking for resources on self-care and self-compassion.
- Realistic Self-Care: Is It Possible to Keep All the Balls in the Air?
- Quick Sanity Breaks (Infographic)
- Mindful Teaching by the Numbers (Infographic)
Start with these posts if you’re interested in starting a personal mindfulness practice:
- Body Scan: Awareness of the Body
- One-Word Labeling: Thoughts, Emotions, Sensations, and Urges
- Relaxed Abdominal Breath: Stress Reduction through Mindful Breathing
Start with these posts if you’re interested in teaching mindfulness:
- Mindfulness and Yoga for Young Children: Tips, Books, Apps, and Activities
- Mindfulness for the Middle Grades
- How Mindfulness Helps Teens and the Adults Who Care About Them
- Eight Principles of Teaching Mindfulness Meditation to Adolescents
- Advice for Mindfulness Teachers and Practitioners
- How Teachers Can Share Mindfulness with Their Students
Start with these posts if you're interested in integrating mindfulness with academic content
Using Mindful Questioning to Enhance Academic Learning
These posts in clude topics for discussion and/or writing assignments:
- Building Narratives of Inclusion
- Mindfulness and Happiness: Quotations for Reflection and Discussion
- Mindful or Mindless? Analyzing Characters in Books and Movies
- Secular and Spiritual Perspectives on Gratitude
- THINK Before You Speak and THINK Before You Speak 2
- What is Mindfulness?
Start with these posts if you or your students are d/Deaf or hard-of-hearing:
- Tips for Including Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Students in Mindfulness, Meditation, and Yoga Classes
- Sign Language Resources on Mindfulness, Meditation, and Yoga
Start with these posts if you're interested in trauma-informed teaching: